Looking for a way to rejuvenate hair now and get younger-looking hair? Whether through styling, coloring, or plain old wear and tear, hair can begin to look thinner and less healthy with age. How do you fix it? Try these 4 remedies to restore length and maintain healthy hair. While these remedies are not instant fixes, over time the techniques will promote healthier, stronger and thicker-looking hair.
Tips to Rejuvenate Hair
1. Load Up On Protein
Protein isn’t just for bodybuilders! Rejuvenate hair from the inside out by eating a protein-rich diet.
As you probably already know, hair is made from a protein called keratin. Keratin is formed by cells called keratinocytes, which use the amino acids in food as fuel to build the keratin in hair. Eating a diet rich in amino acids will ensure that keratinocytes are well-fed and allow hair to grow at its best rate. Healthy proteins are great sources of amino acids. For healthier-looking hair, make sure that your diet includes plenty of chicken, fish, beans, and nuts.
2. Whip Up a DIY Moisturizing Mask
Nourish your strands with a DIY moisturizing mask that includes household items like eggs, olive oil, and honey.
Eggs are an important source of protein, with 7g of protein per egg. This protein mask will help strengthen hair strands on the outside of hair, while olive oil and honey provide moisture to help prevent breakage. Additionally, honey has antibacterial properties that help keep the scalp clean, making an optimal environment for healthy existing hair growth.
To make your own DIY mask at home, follow these simple instructions:
- In a small bowl, mix together two eggs with two tablespoons of olive oil. To this mixture, add one tablespoon of honey until creamy.
- Apply mask to hair from root to tip. Cover hair in plastic wrap or a shower cap to lock in moisture and leave on for one hour.
- Wash hair with a gentle shampoo like Viviscal Densifying Shampoo and lightweight conditioner like Viviscal Conditioner.
Apply this mask at least once per week for soft hair that’s resilient to damage and breakage.
3. Try a Scalp Massage
A scalp massage is one of the easiest natural remedies for hair growth. Scalp massage increases circulation to the scalp, bringing nutrient-rich blood that stimulates and nourishes hair follicles, optimizing growth.
Ask a friend or partner to massage your scalp, use a scalp massage tool, or do it yourself with the following technique:
- Apply two tablespoons of jojoba, castor or coconut oil to the scalp. Don’t have any oils on hand? Conditioner will work in a pinch.
- Using small circular motions, gently massage oil into the scalp for five minutes. Begin above the ears, then move to the crown, and finally move to the back of the head.
- Shampoo hair normally with a gentle shampoo like Viviscal Shampoo.
Repeat this technique at least once per week to maintain a healthy scalp and optimize hair growth.
4. Commit to a Hair Nourishment System
If you’re serious about maintaining normal, healthy hair, invest in a system specifically formulated to promote thicker, fuller-looking hair.
Naturally derived Viviscal Extra Strength hair supplements are clinically proven to promote thicker, fuller looking hair and reduce hair shedding as part of a complete hair nourishment system. While your daily dose of Viviscal supplement tablets are working to maintain normal, healthy hair and reduce shedding in 3-6 months, use the complete Viviscal hair care range, including Viviscal Densifying Shampoo, Conditioner and Elixir — a lightweight, body-boosting, leave-in treatment — to see voluminous, thicker-looking hair on the outside in just one week.**
When you’re trying to maintain healthy hair, consistency is key. Follow these tips to rejuvenate hair for at least three months to see results. Remember: if you’re concerned about hair loss, speak to your physician to rule out a more serious condition that could be the cause.
Do you have any tips to rejuvenate hair? Let us know in the comments!
**Self-assessment of 110 people using Viviscal Shampoo, Conditioner and Elixir regimen; JRC 2015